Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Altered Domino

I participated in the June Scrappin Sista Monthly Swap and the challenge for the month was to alter dominoes. While I am not posting the domino I created for the swap (don't want to let the cat out of the bag since swappers haven't received them yet) I wanted to post one I made with my daughters picture on it. I was not sure how it would turn out but I have to say I love Liquid Glass. CTMH Liquid Glass was used to go over the top of the picture. I was concerned with how it would look after it dried, however you can see it dried clear. I plan to adhere a magnet on the back and make a few more of my family and decorate my refrigerator :-)

I love to hear from you....leave comments :-)

13 comments:

  1. Great idea. I can't wait to see what you did for the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josie and Kaleptra :-) I think I am addicted to dominoes ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. So original. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. Beautiful! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne!! Happy to have you :-)

      Delete
  5. Shalana, your dominoes are too cute! Thanks for following my blog, I'm also following yours now! Can't wait to see your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shalana! Oooh....love your photo domino! I may have to case this idea :) I've stamped on them before, but never did a photo on them. Great idea! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog, leaving such a nice comment and following me. I've been following you for a while now, and love your blog! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti!! It was fun to see the finished product and my daughter was all smiles :-)

      Delete
  7. this is too cute, please share how to make this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a picture and cut it a little bit bigger than the domino. I used CTMH liquid glass and spread it on the flat surface of the domino. I put the picture on top and moved it around on the liquid glass to make sure it is equally spread on the back of the pic and let it dry. Once dry (I let it dry maybe 10 mins) I took my scrapbook file and went around the edges of the picture to make it the same shape of the domino. I then took the liquid glass and went over the top of the picture covering every inch. I then let it sit and dry. It didn't take that long to dry using the liquid glass.

      Delete

Thanks for the comment love :-)