Thursday, June 28, 2012

"Stella" Scrapbook In A Box

I pinned a very cute idea on my Craft board using Pinterest and when I do this my plan is to make it. It was very simple to make this cute Scrapbook in a Box.

I used "Stella" paper to created this scrapbook in a box. This is the lid of the box. The flowers and leaves were created using the CTMH AP Cricut Cartridge. I outlined the flowers and veins of the leaves using stickles. The lid is 7 1/8 x 7 1/8 and scored at 1.5 inches on all 4 sides and cut and adhered together like a normal lid.


This is the inside of the box laying flat. You will have 9 spaces you can use to show off your pictures or embellishments. I used the AP Cart to cut out this butterfly at 2". 


This shows the box open and laying flat. I used 3x3 inch squares in different colored cardstock and patterned paper to decorate. Now the box is ready to put pictures, notes or quotes in. This started off as a 12 x 12 piece of card stock. I scored it at 4 and 8 inches on both sides. I used the bone folder to crease the score lines. I cut the same side on 4 of the square so it could be folded up into a box which gives you the scrapbook in a box. 

 This is the box in its almost opened state. 



This is the finished product..I really enjoyed putting this together. I can't wait to make one with
 pictures in it to give to someone special :-)

I enjoy comments...let me know what you think....and of course you can purchase the items used for this project by clicking on the "Shop With Me" link on the right side of the page. 

CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge Z1686
Stella Workshop on the Go Kit G1032
Bitty- 100 adhesive gems Z1263
Opaques Adhesive Gems (Mocha) Z1333
Bling Assortment Z1466
Inks - Topiary, Lagoon, Chocolate, Black, Holiday Red
Non CTMH - Stickles


6 comments:

  1. This is a very clever way of showcasing pictures. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on this post using my phone but I guess it did not work. I like this box. The more I see the longer my to do/try list gets. I will look for this on my AP cart. And btw thanks for the idea book this has also added to my to do/try list.LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left you a comment on FB...I didn't cut the box using AP however I did use it to make the flowers and leaves on the lid as well as the butterfly. I love learning to make new items and use new techniques.

      Delete
  3. Awesome job, I have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see your finished product :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love :-)