Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Creative Blogger Award



I was totally taken back but incredibly honored to be nominated for the Creative Blogger Award from my super crafty CTMH inspiration Pamela O'Connor! Pamela and I met through Facebook as she is one of my CTMH sister consultants. I would encourage you to visit her blog, Reflections of My Art & Soul to see her crafty goodness!! You won't be disappointed!
The Creative Blogger Award entitles you to join a group of talented people and share your personal thoughts and secrets on your creative endeavors and hopefully you will find some inspiration along the way. So now onto the questions.


What am I currently working on?
I am working on my December Daily album. I heard about the craze and figured I would try something new. I am choosing to use some wonderful CTMH products to complete this project. Thus far I have taken a picture for Day 1 & 2. I am creating my pages daily and will insert the pictures each weekend when I get them printed. 






What is my signature style?
This question is difficult for me to answer. I don't really know my style. When I started scrapping I thought it was super simple. Now I say it changes based on techniques that I like and use. It switches up depending on the project I am working on and the inspiration that comes along with it. 

How do I become inspired and stay inspired?
I totally have times when I am not inspired and I have to pull the inspiration from somewhere. Typically if I am not feeling the creative juices flowing I will look to Pinterest. There is so much inspiration that it can be overwhelmingly time consuming. I also blog hop to those blogs that are filled inspiration such as Pamela's :-)

How does my creative process work?
If I am working on a scrapbook page I start with the picture. The picture allows me to select the paper with the hopes of color coordinating (not always the case). Next steps are to pull some embellishments I think will match my thought process, cruise my Make It From the Heart Vol 1 or 2 and work from a sketch. Typically the outcome and the sketch look totally different but that is the beauty of crafting!!  


So now that you know a little bit about my creative process, I would love to hear about you!  So, please don’t hesitate to share your favorite styles and inspiration in the comment section.
Now it’s time for me to select a couple of great crafters to receive a Creative Blogger Award.
I am pleased to announce my two choices are…

La Vie at http://cestla-viedesigns.blogspot.com/ I had the pleasure of meeting La Vie online in a FB group. I started following her blog as she has a wealth of knowledge and techniques she teaches on her blog. What I love about La Vie's blog is she uses a wide variety of products and she isn't afraid to go outside the box and teaches as she does so. 

Barbara Smith Walker at http://www.thebuzzfromqueenb.com/ - You know how they say the world is small. Well it truly is. I met Barbara via Facebook through my uncle. I sent my grandmother a card and he said she really liked the card and how beautiful it was. He mentioned a friend of his named Barbara who also makes beautiful cards. He told me I should get in contact with her and to look her up. So of course I love crafty people and just had to look her up. Sent her a FB message introducing myself and how I learned about her and I have followed her blog and FB fan page ever since. Her style is awesome! She is super duper crafty and I just love the projects she posts! 



    6 comments:

    1. Thank you SO much for choosing me out of all the talented bloggers you know!! What an honor. Sometimes I create things and I feel like no one notices. It warms my heart to know that you "see" me in the sea of creativity!! I gladly accept the award and look forward to choosing 2 bloggers to honor. Again.... thanks a million for your kind words and for sharing my blog with your followers.

      La-Vie Borde-Perry

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I feel the same way La-Vie. I get so excited when someone comments so I try to keep that in mind as I visit blogs. You are such an inspiration. Keep on sharing your crafty goodness!!

        Delete
    2. Hi Shalana! Thank you so much for selecting me for this award. It truly is an honor. And thanks for the sweet comments you've shared here. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Barb!! Your a super inspiring crafter!!

        Delete
    3. You are very deserving. I love your work and all of the great tutorials you provide.

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for the comment love :-)