Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Happy Hello - Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  We will be featuring February's SOTM, which is "A Happy Hello", a set of 15 stamps.  If you have come here from Michele Rowley's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants HERE.  





This month we have 60+ Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

I had a blast making this shaker card. Whats not to like about an interactive card! I wanted to try my hand at heat embossing on vellum. I heat embossed the sentiment on the vellum and cut out the window using Seaside paper. I used 3-D foam tape around the border and center outer edge of the inside frame to keep the shaker contents contained in the vellum window. 
 I used a combination of golden and silver sequins. I removed the sticky from the backs so they could flow freely when the card is shaken. I really love how classy the embossing looks!

I added strips of Gold Polka Dot washi for some flair as well as added some dimension to the flower. The center of the flower is a bitty sparkle colored with the gold metallic marker. 

Products Used: 
Paper: Seaside
Inks: Desert Sand, Olive, Glacier
Accessories: Craft Heater, VersaMark, Gold Embossing Powder, White Card & Envelope Value Pack, 3-D Foam Tape, Micro Tip Scissors
Embellishments: Gold Polka Dot Washi Tape, Sequins Gold Assortment, Sequins Silver Assortment, Bitty Sparkles, Metallic Marker
Non-CTMH: Vellum, Lawn Fawn Rectangle Dies, Simon Says Shaker Shake Beads, Big Shot


Now "Hop" on over to Jeanie Burch's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the February SOTM is only available until February 28th!  Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount!

32 comments:

  1. Beautiful shaker card. Love how you have the sequins in the shaker and placed around the sentiment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and unique. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! I love the vellum for the window instead of clear. Love those colrs with the gold. Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa :-) I really like our Gold embossing and how classy it looks.

      Delete
  4. Shaker cards are always so much fun, and this one is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love interactive cards and this one is so classy with all the gold accents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is the bomb of all cards! I wanted to do one like this too! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love shaker cards....this one is just plain awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this card! I haven't made a shaker card in a long time and you did a fantastic job with this. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa..I challenge to get to it and make one :-)

      Delete
  9. What a fabulous shaker card! I love your use of sequins for the shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea to create a shaker card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love :-)