Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Just Smile

OMG!!! I am super excited about the Die Cut Inlay technique I saw on Jennifer Mcguire's blog. Check out her blog for the tutorial. I just had to try it using CTMH Hopscotch paper. 
Here are the two finished cards. The great thing about this technique you can make two cards using the cut out pieces. 

 Here is an up close pic. I placed the die on my card stock and ran it through my Big Shot. I kept the pieces that were cut out and replaced it into the other card I was working on. You can see how the piece is inlayed into the opposite negative space. I added a stamped sentiment to this card so it wouldn't look so bland. 

On this card I followed the directions to the tutorial and cut strips of the Hopscotch paper. I added the rows of different patterned pieces alternating each piece. The sequence broke up the busy paper and I used 3-D foam tape to mount it onto a piece of Heartstrings patterned paper.  

Products used:


Thank you for stopping by and Happy Crafting!! SHOP WITH ME ---> HERE

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I like these cards. Great way to use the positive and negative cuts from a die cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really liked this technique. I will be using it again soon. Make card making fairly quick and easy.

      Delete

Thanks for the comment love :-)