Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Everything ABCs Blog Hop Featuring The Letter A



Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter "A". This may be the name
of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has
chosen as their "A" element will be featured in their post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog ~ Scrappy Therapy


If you came from "Shelly's - Just One Pretty Piece" then you're on the right track!

My letter "A" equals = "A"im, "A"rrow and "A"mazing which comes from the January SOTM, This Moment. 


Here are my cards using January Stamp Of The Month (SOTM) "This Moment" and "You're The Bomb" stamp sets. 




Here is the sketch I used to create the cards. You will learn how you can use one sketch and make multiple cards with a different sentiment. 

I cut out all my pieces of patterned paper and card stock based on the above sketch. I used one piece of Heartstrings patterned paper utilizing both sides to give the cards a different look. I used the Adventure card stock combo pack using Lagoon and HollyhockWhite Daisy was used for the sentiment.

I completed all of my stamping using "This Moment" and "You're The Bomb" stamp sets. I stamped in Lagoon, Cranberry and Black ink. The hearts are second generation stamped and I used my Journaling Pen to doodle around the edge of one of my focal points. 

On this card I sprayed the white card stock with my spray pen using a mixture of lagoon re-inker and water. I added my sentiment from the "You're The Bomb" stamp set on the bottom of the card and tied some cranberry bakers twine around the front panel of the card. I gave the bullseye and arrow some dimension using the thin 3-D foam tape. 

On this card my sentiment is totally different as well as the arrangement of the patterned paper and card stock. I used the black bakers twine from the Bakers Twine Neutral Metallic Assortment.  

This card is my FAV. I used second generation stamping on the hearts. The Straight From the Heart sentiment was fussy cut out and popped up with 3-D foam tape to give it some dimension. I distressed the edges of all of the card stock with my Edge Distresser. 

Here are a few up close pictures. I used a white gel pen to add some dots along the edges of the hearts and on the sentiment. I also distressed the edges of the patterned paper with black ink. 





Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is Pam Trostle ~ Pam's Crafty Creations


Please do leave some blog love and thank you for stopping by!! Happy Crafting!! SHOP with ME --->HERE

10 comments:

  1. Great cards. I love the instructions showing multiple ways to create a card from the same sketch. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darlys...it makes card making so much easier and faster to complete multiple cards.

      Delete
  2. This is such a great reminder of how versatile our sketches are. TFS these three gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren :-) I always find the sketches to come in handy when you can't decide what to do.

      Delete

Thanks for the comment love :-)