Saturday, February 28, 2015

Choose Happy - Stamp of The Month Blog Hop


Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  We will be featuring March's SOTM, which is "Choose Happy", a set of 14 stamps.  If you have come here from Justine Hoovey, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants HERE.  

Oh how I adore the March SOTM Choose Happy!! The frames and sayings are so cute.  
 Here are the 3 cards I put together using the Brushed paper pack. In keeping with the theme "Choose Happy", Brushed paper was perfect to pair with this stamp as it is so bright it helps create the happy!

 I stamped the frame and used the masking technique to add some flowers using the A Little Note stamp set. I colored in the flowers using the Shinhan markers. I decided to add vellum over the paper to tone the color down a bit. I heat embossed the border using my crafting heater and white embossing powder. I offset my images to the left side of the card leaving room for the pretty paper to show through the vellum.

 I again used the vellum and heat embossed the border. I colored in the frame using the Shinhan markers and added another sentiment from the SOTM set. I like that the sentiments are encouraging. The heart is stamped from the You're the Bomb stamp set. I added a random drawn border with my journaling pen and used 3-D foam tape to pop the frame up for added dimension.

I really liked how this card came out. I used the frame and sentiment from the SOTM set. I again masked to add the flower and butterfly from the Hopping By stamp set. I felt like it was missing something so I added the banner in the corner using stickers from the Brushed complements. 



Now "Hop" on over to Darlys Recker to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the February SOTM is only available until March 31st!  Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount!

Products Used:
Brushed Paper Pack
White Card & Envelope Value Pack
March SOTM "Choose Happy"
Hopping By stamp set
You're the Bomb stamp set
A Little Note stamp set
Shinhan Markers
Brushed Complements
Craft Heater
White Embossing Powder
Bitty Sparkles
VersaMark
3-D Foam Tape
CTMH Micro Tip Scissors
Journaling Pen
Scallop Border Punch
Vellum

23 comments:

  1. Your cards are so beautiful. I would have never thought to color the A Little Note flowers anything but yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you papercraftingprincess!! Yes, use all the wonderful colors in the Shinhan rainbow for your flowers :-)

      Delete
  2. Love your cards, they are each unique and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job with each card. They are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darning cards, my favorite is the pink one, I like how you put the flowers in the frames.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous- that first card is my favourite and now I have a new idea for my Just A Note stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL Cards Shalana!! I really love your style! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! Your kind comments made me smile :-)

      Delete
  7. Fun cards. Definitely remind me of Springtime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love :-)