Thursday, March 12, 2015

Butterfly Coloring Die Cutting Fun

I made a card previously that showed you how I used my CTMH stamps and Die from MFT. My crafty Soror said she would like to see some instructions on how it was made so here it is... Follow along with the picture tutorial and make a few beautiful cards!!

Here is the card I made this evening using butterflies....

Here is the card I made previously using the same instructions.

 I used a card base, piece of black card stock cut at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4, piece of white card stock cut at 5 1/4 x 4 inches, black ink, Shinhan markers, A Thing Well Done and Holiday Tags stamp sets and MFT (My Favorite Things) "Celebration" die. 

 I decided I wanted to use butterflies instead of flowers this time around. I used the CTMH A Thing Well Done stamp set. I stamped the image on a piece of card stock. I fussy cut it out so I could do some masking. You can see my cut out image in the picture below. 

 I did some masking so I could have the butterflies overlap. 

 I colored in the images using my Shinhan markers. I love the vibrancy of the colors. 

 I took my colored card mat and placed the "Celebration" die on top. I secured the die to the mat using post it notes. 

 I ran it through my Big Shot. 

 I took the mat off the platform and this is what you have. The mat now has the word "Celebrate" cut into it however it is still attached on both sides of the card. 

  Can you see the dimension?

 I detached the top from the bottom of the mat by snipping the edge of the paper on both sides. 

 Once you snip both sides you now have two pieces of the mat. Top & bottom .

 I took my black card front I cut previously and adhered it to the card base using adhesive. 

 I took the top of the colored mat and adhered it to the card base. 

 I took the bottom portion of the mat, turned it over and strategically placed 3-D foam tape on it. I lined it up with the top portion of the mat and you then have the below picture. 

 You can't see the dimension as well with the front view but it is there. The bottom is popped forward allowing the letters to come up off the mat.

 I stamped the sentiment "Happy Birthday" from the Holiday tags stamp set. This picture shows you a little more of the dimension and the word popped up. 

Here is another angle where you can see the dimension. I colored the Bitty Sparkles which were clear with the ShinHan markers which allowed some color coordination with the butterflies.

video
Thank you for stopping by and Happy Crafting!! 

9 comments:

  1. I love it. Such vibrant colors. Lets face it, we can all do with a little color right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helena! I used the Shinhan markers sold by CTMH.

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful! Never saw another one like that! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! Never saw another one like that! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic tutorial Shalana! Thanks for sharing. Hoping to give this technique a try real soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love :-)