Saturday, January 2, 2016

The Everything ABC's Blog Hop ... Letter A


Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter "A". This may be the name
of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has
chosen as their "A" element will be featured in their post.


If you came from "Wendy Kessler's My Scrapbooking Blog" then you're on the right track!

My Letter "A" represents the "Animal Greetings" Operation Smile stamp set. I absolutely adore this stamp set. Not only are the animals super cute but purchasing this stamp set gives to a very worthy cause. Learn more about Operation Smile by clicking -> HERE


I saw this super cute card design by Janet Wakeland on Pinterest. Loved the concept and it was quick and easy to make. The cards also fit in a standard A2 sized envelope!! 

 Here are the basics crafty supplies you need to make these cards. The base of the card is cut at 4 1/4 x 7 1/2. The B&T paper is cut at 4 x 3 1/2. I also cut a piece of card stock to place in the inside of the card. I used my stitched circle dies to cut two different sized circles. 

 Take your card base and score in half at 3 3/4 inches. 

 Fold your bases in half and adhere the patterned paper on the front of the card and your plain piece of cardstock to the inside.
 Adhere the smaller die cut circle onto the larger circle. I stamped the moose and rabbit from the stamp set. 

 I colored the images using ShinHan markers. Once I was done coloring I put adhesive on the back of half the circle and adhered it to the top of the card. 

 To get the mirror image of the rabbit I stamped the image on acetate and then pressed the acetate down on the circle. It was lighter than I anticipated so I went over it with my journaling pen. You can probably tell the lines are much darker in that image. Now you can embellish the card as you see fit. 


Thank you for stopping by and Happy Crafting! 

Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is "Melissa Robinson - Heartfelt Sentiments Blog".

In case you get lost along the way…go to Catherine Nowak Blog for a complete list of participants!

Items Used:
La Vie En Rose paper pack
Cranberry Card Stock
Black Card Stock
White Daisy Card Stock
Memento Black Ink
Artistry Cricut Cart (Hearts)
Scallop Border Punch
Shinhan Touch Twin markers
Animal Greeting Stamp Set
For Family Stamp Set
Stitched Circle Dies (Non CTMH)
White Gel Pen (Non CTMH)
Clear Wink of Stella (Non CTMH)

14 comments:

  1. I just ordered this set yesterday! I plan to create my children's Valentines with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear Casandra! It's one of those stamp sets you always need on hand lol I am sure your V-Day creations will be FAB :-)

      Delete
  2. Super cute! Love those critters and love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine. The critters are adorable and you can do so much with them :-)

      Delete
  3. Cute Shalana! Love the moose!
    Candi O.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you GF! The moose is a cutie :-)

      Delete
  4. This is so cute I am getting ready to "lift" it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maxine. Can't wait to see what you make :-)

      Delete
  5. These are adorable! Now I need to get that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! Yes you have to get it :-)

      Delete

Thanks for the comment love :-)