Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Everything ABC's Blog Hop... Letter B


Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!



For this hop we will be featuring the letter "B". This may be the name
of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has
chosen as their "B" element will be featured in their post.

If you came from "Jenn Benner's - Jen's Messy Studio" then you're on the right track!

The letter "B" represents the Beloved Bouquet stamp set. So fitting this is the current January stamp of the month. 

I created a few cards using a watercolor technique I saw done by a fellow CTMH sister Denise Anderson Turley. I adored it and had to try it myself. 


 Of course I pulled out my CTMH water color paper, water colors and paint brushes. I used like colors and made random paint marks, with the intent to flowing one color into the other from light to dark.

I used my heat tool to dry my painting.

The images were stamped from the Beloved Bouquet stamp set using Memento ink.

 Yes...I fussy cut them out. I enjoyed it for some reason. Not always the case :-)
I must say I loved how they turned out!! I decided to put clear wink of stella on the flowers by tracing the black lines. Added some flair!

Here is a more masculine type card I created using Outdoor Denim, Whisper and White Daisy cardstock. I added a strip of silver glitter trim and some pieces I punched out using my Chevron border punch. I made a patterned background piece of paper using the smaller flower stamp set and 2nd generation stamping with Whisper ink. 


I adore La Vie En Rose paper so I had to use it. The design for this card comes from the Kaleidoscope card making kit. It makes it so easy to use the instruction guide to cut the paper make a card look totally different just by using a different paper pack.  Easy Peasy!!


Last but not least this card was created using the Kaleidscope paper pack. I added a few Pink Enamel gems to give it a little flair.

I hope you enjoyed seeing how fun the January SOTM can be. Remember you can only get it during the month of January so don't delay and miss your opportunity. You can shop with me here. 

Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is "Stephanie - The Quilted Scrappers blog".

In case you get lost along the way…go to Catherine Nowak blog for a complete list of participants!

12 comments:

  1. Love the watercolored backgrounds for the flowers!!! Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards love the different technique you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Shalana! You always amaze me, what a great idea to watercolor the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww your too sweet Donna. Thank you :-)

      Delete
  4. Stunning! This is just the motivation I need to play with my paints today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie :-) I hope you took sometime to pay!

      Delete
  5. These are beautiful! I like the pink one the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love :-)